外企英语电话面试应急模拟

2009年03月12日 | 来源: 网络博客 | 查看: 741次 |



很多外企在当面的面试之前会有一个电话英语面试,时间一般在20-30分钟左右,用以核实求职者的背景和英文表达力。繁星英语热线建议,求职者在投递简历以后要做好各种充分的准备。

     如果你提前知道了电话面试的时间,则可以在面试时把简历、coverletter放在你旁边的桌子上,直接运用里面的句子回答问题。一些基本的问题,你可以事先准备好答案。通常,在电话英语面试的时候会提道:
  .Please tell me something unreflected at yourC.V./about yourself/your experience/your activities.谈谈你简历中没有提及的一些事情/谈谈你自己/你的经历/你参与的活动。  

.An example of team work.举出一个你参与团体合作的例子。
  .Why do you choose this position?你为什么选择这个职位。

.Why should we hireyou?为什么我们应该雇用你?
    .开放式讨论如In formation Technology(信息技术)或者the role of university in society(大学的社会角色)等,主要考查求职者的思维方式。
    .自由提问。求职者可以事先准备一些问题去询问面试官。
    听不清时怎么办
    如果有话语没有听清楚,求职者不必紧张,可以镇定地请求再说一遍。可以用到的句子:
    .pardon?请再说一遍
    .Would you please simplify the question?您能把这个问题说得简单些吗?
    .Would you please say iti nother words?您能用别的话来表达您的意思吗?
    .Would you please speak a little bit louder?I can not hear you clearly.您说话声音能大一点好吗?我听不清楚。
    如何应对突袭电话面试
    当你正在球场或者公交车上突然接到了面试电话,此时没有任何准备,建议你首先试探看看是否可以给你个准备时间稍后再进行电话面试。可以用到的句子:

.May I call you back half an hour l ater?May I have your phone number and recall you?
    如果可以赢得时间,你应该马上赶回去,摊开资料写出一个提纲,从容应答。如果对方不同意推迟时间,你应该马上找个安静的地方坐下来开始回答。

 

繁星英语热线长期协助在职者练习英语口语,以应对外企英语面试,现摘录了若干面试中出现频率较高的问题及精彩回答,希望能在您求职路上助您一臂之力。

Q: Can you sell yourself in two minutes? Go for it.
你能在两分钟內自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!
A: With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any project I undertake. Your organization  could benefit from my analytical and interpersonal skills.
依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。

Q: Give me a summary of your current job description.
对你目前的工作,能否做个概括的说明。

A: I have been working as a computer programmer for five years. To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting and provide software support.
我干了五年的电脑程序员。具体地说,我做系统分析,解决问题以及软件供应方面的支持。 Q: Why did you leave your last job? 
你为什么离职呢?
 A: Well, I am hoping to get an offer of a better position. If opportunity knocks, I will take it.
我希望能获得一份更好的工作,如果机会来临,我会抓住。

A: I feel I have reached the "glass ceiling" in my current job.  I feel there is no opportunity for advancement.
我觉得目前的工作,已经达到顶峰,即沒有升迁机会。

Q: How do you rate yourself as a professional?
你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?

A: With my strong academic background, I am capable and competent.
凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力。

A: With my teaching experience, I am confident that I can relate to students very well.
依我的教学经验,我相信能与学生相处的很好。

Q: What contribution did you make to your current previous organization?
你对目前从前的工作单位有何贡献?

A: I have finished three new projects, and I am sure I can apply my experience to this position.
我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。

Q: What do you think you are worth to us?
你怎么认为你对我们有价值呢?

A: I feel I can make some positive contributions to your company in the future.
我觉得我对贵公司能做些积极性的贡献。

Q: What make you think you would be a success in this position?
你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?

A: My graduate school training combined with my internship should qualify me for this particular job. I am sure I will be successful.
我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。

Q: Are you a multi-tasked individual?
你是一位可以同时承担数项工作的人吗?
 or Do you work well under stress or pressure?
 你能承受工作上的压力吗?

A: The trait is needed in my current(or previous) position and I know I can handle it well.
这种特点就是我目前(先前工作)所需要的,我知道我能应付自如。

Q: What is your strongest traits?
你个性上最大的特点是什么?

A: Helpfulness and caring.
乐于助人和关心他人。

A: Adaptability and sense of humor.
适应能力和幽默感。

A: Cheerfulness and friendliness.
乐观和友爱。

Q: How would your friends or colleagues describe you?
你的朋友或同事怎样形容你?

A: pause a few seconds.
稍等几秒钟再答,表示慎重考虑。
 Q: They say Mr. Chen is an honest, hardworking and responsible man who deeply cares for his family and friends.
他们说陈先生是位诚实、工作努力,负责任的人,他对家庭和朋友都很关心。

A: They say Mr. Chen is a friendly, sensitive, caring and determined person.
他们说陈先生是位很友好、敏感、关心他人和有决心的人。

Q: What personality traits do you admire?
你欣赏哪种性格的人?

A: I admire a person who ishonest, flexible and easy-going.
诚实、不死板而且容易相处的人。

A: I like people who possess the "can do" spirit.
有“实际行动”的人。

Q: What leadership qualities did you develop as an administrative personnel?
作为行政人员,你有什么样的领导才能?

A: I feel that learning how to motivate people and to work together as a team will be the major goal of my leadership.
我觉得学习如何把人们的积极性调动起来,以及如何配合协同的团队精神,是我行政工作的主要目标。

A: I have refined my management style by using an open-door policy.
我以开放式的政策,改进我的行政管理方式。

Q: How do you normally handle criticism?
你通常如何处理別人的批评?

A: Silence is golden. Just don't say anything; otherwise the situation could become worse. I do, however, accept constructive criticism.
沈默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。
A: When we cool off, we will discuss it later.
我会等大家冷靜下来再讨论。

Q: What do you find frustrating in a work situation?
在工作中,什么事令你不高兴?

A: Sometimes, the narrow-minded people make me frustrated.
胸襟狭窄的人,有时使我泄气。

A: Minds that are not receptive to new ideas.
不能接受新思想的那些取。

Q: How do you handle your conflict with your colleagues in your work?
你如何处理与同事在工作中的意见不和?

A: I will try to present my ideas in a more clear and civilized manner in order to get my points across.
我要以更清楚文明的方式,提出我的看法,使对方了解我的观点。

Q: How do you handle your failure?
你怎样对待自己的失败?

A: None of us was born "perfect". I am sure I will be given a second chance to correct my mistake.
我们大家生来都不是十全十美的,我相信我有第二个机会改正我的错误。

Q: What provide you with a sense of accomplishment.
什么会让你有成就感?

A: Doing my best job for your company.
为贵公司竭力效劳。

A: Finishing a project to the best of my ability.
尽我所能,完成一个项目。

Q: If you had a lot of money to donate, where would you donate it to? Why?
假如你有很多钱可以捐赠,你会捐给什么单位?为什么?

A: I would donate it to the medical research because I want to do something to help others. 我会捐给医药研究,因为我要为他人做点事。

A: I prefer to donate it to educational institutions.
我乐意捐给教育机构。

Q: What is most important in your life right now?
眼下你生活中最重要的是什么?

A: To get a job in my field is most important to me.
对我来说,能在这个领域找到工作是最重要的。

A: To secure employment hopefully with your company.
希望能在贵公司任职对我来说最重要。

Q: What current issues concern you the most?
目前什么事是你最关心的?

A: The general state of our economy and the impact of China' entry to WTO on our industry. 目前中国经济的总体情況以及中国入世对我们行业的影响。

Q: How long would you like to stay with this company?
你会在本公司服务多久呢?

A: I will stay as long as I can continue to learn and to grow in my field.
只要我能在我的行业力继续学习和长进,我就会留在这里。

Q: Could you project what you would like to be doing five years from now?
你能预料五年后你会做什么吗?

A: As I have some administrative experience in my last job, I may use my organizational and planning skills in the future.
我在上一个工作中积累了一些行政经验,我将来也许要运用我组织和计划上的经验和技巧。

A: I hope to demonstrate my ability and talents in my field adequately.
我希望能充分展示我在这个行业的能力和智慧。

A: Perhaps, an opportunity at a management position would be exciting.
也许有机会,我将会从事管理工作。

如果不愿正面回答,也可以说:
It would be premature for me to predict this.
现在对此问题的预测,尚嫌过早。

甚至还可以打趣的说:
Hypothetically speaking, I might be able to do your current job as a director.
或 CEO 或 president说不定,我也能做你现在主任的工作呢!

Q: What range of pay-scale are you interested in?
你喜欢那一种薪水层次标准?

A: Money is important, but the responsibility that goes along with this job is what interests me the most.
薪水固然重要,但这工作伴随而来的责任更吸引我。

假如你有家眷,可以说:
To be frank and open with you, I like this job, but I have a family to support.
坦白地说,我喜欢这份工作,不过我必须要负担我的家庭。

 

面试英语常见问题

Q: Can you sell yourself in two minutes? Go for it. (你能在两分钟內自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!)
A: With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any project I undertake. Your organization could benefit from my analytical and interpersonal skills.(依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。)


Q:Give me a summary of your current job description. (对你目前的工作,能否做个概括的说明。)
A:I have been working as a computer programmer for five years. To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting and provide software support. (我干了五年的电脑程序员。具体地说,我做系统分析,解决问题以及软件供应方面的支持。)


Q:Why did you leave your last job?(你为什么离职呢?)
A: Well, I am hoping to get an offer of a better position. If opportunity knocks, I will take it.(我希望能获得一份更好的工作,如果机会来临,我会抓住。)
A:I feel I have reached the "glass ceiling" in my current job. / I feel there is no opportunity for advancement. (我觉得目前的工作,已经达到顶峰,即沒有升迁机会。)


Q:How do you rate yourself as a professional?(你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?)
A: With my strong academic background, I am capable and competent. (凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力。)
A:With my teaching experience, I am confident that I can relate to students very well. (依我的教学经验,我相信能与学生相处的很好。)


Q: What contribution did you make to your current (previous) organization?(你对目前/从前的工作单位有何贡献?)
A: I have finished three new projects, and I am sure I can apply my experience to this position. (我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。)


Q:What do you think you are worth to us?(你怎么认为你对我们有价值呢?)
A:I feel I can make some positive contributions to your company in the future. (我觉得我对贵公司能做些积极性的贡献。)


Q:What make you think you would be a success in this position? (你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?)
A:My graduate school training combined with my internship should qualify me for this particular job. I am sure I will be successful. (我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。)


Q:Are you a multi-tasked individual?(你是一位可以同时承担数项工作的人吗?) or
Do you work well under stress or pressure?(你能承受工作上的压力吗?)
A:Yes, I think so.
A:The trait is needed in my current(or previous) position and I know I can handle it well. (这种特点就是我目前(先前)工作所需要的,我知道我能应付自如。)   (福步小编Jenny整理)
 

搜索文章
!--finished ad--
热门外贸招聘岗位:
外贸经理 | 外贸业务 | 外贸跟单
外贸助理 | 外贸单证 | 货代销售